MBX Bristle Blaster
MBX Bristle Blaster
Introducing the MBX Bristle Blasting System, an innovative surface preparation and maintenance solution that removes corrosion and generates an anchor profile in a single step.
The Bristle blasting process is a new innovation that both removes corrosion and generates an anchor profile by using a specially designed rotary bristle tool. This tool consists of hardened wire bristle tips that are bent forward and dynamically tuned to a hand-held power tool that operates at approximately 2,500 rpm. The mechanical principles upon which the bristle blasting tool is based are summarized as follows: Bristle tips are designed to strike the corroded surface with kinetic energy that is equivalent to standard processes that use grit blast media.
Immediately after the bristly tips strike the corroded surface, they retract (i.e. "rebound") from the surface; this results in both corrosion removal and a micro-indentation that exposes a fresh surface. Consequently, surfaces that have been treated by the bristle blasting tool have a texture and visual cleanliness that mimics those obtained by traditional grit blasting processes.
The Bristle Blasting Innovation
- Bristle Blasting is a new process that uses a specially designed rotary bristle tool for achieving both corrosion removal and an anchor profile.
- The rotating bristles are dynamically tuned to the power tool which results in impact and immediate retraction of the bristle tips from the corroded surface.
- The bristle tips strike the corroded surface with kinetic energy that is equivalent to grit blast media, generating a texture and visual cleanliness that mimics the grit blasting process.
- Bristle Blasting simplifies the surface preparation operation and reduces costs through the elimination of expensive equipment, media and extensive environmental and safety measures.
- The Bristle Blaster removes corrosion, coatings, mill scale and other contaminants, without removing healthy material.
- It also restores corroded and pitted surfaces to near white metal or white metal appearance - no grinding or polishing during operation.
- The Bristle Blaster is suitable for spot repairs as well as larger areas where other processes are prohibitive and will not use/produce hazardous material.
Although the bristle blasting process is ideally suited for spot-repair applications, it can also be readily applied to larger surface areas where the use of other metal cleaning processes may be prohibitive. The process provides an efficient means for the removal of corrosion, mill scale, defunct protective coating, and for post-weld cleaning operations. These applications frequently arise in a wide range of fabricating and infrastructure-support operations, such as onshore/offshore well drilling installations, bridge refurbishment, and the fabrication and repair of navel/marine vessels and industrial maintenance applications.
Available in electric and pneumatic.